Tuesday, September 22, 2009

structure



I made my 4x4 cube with very clean lines. The edges protrude out, creating more dimension. My first model had only two, white straws holding up my cube. I thought it was too simple and did not provide enough support. I ironed my straws so that they would be flat just like the edges of my cube. I used styrofoam as the base because I wanted to be able to cut out a certain spot on the base so that the cube belonged there. I chose blue and orange straws because they are complimentary colors and I also wanted to add contrast between the cube and base.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture...PLEASE scan drawings from your sketchbook of your ideas (I know that you have some). The more you show, the easier it will be for us to grade you in the end.

    Kuniko

    ReplyDelete